November News: Vote Early and Flip Your Ballot, Breaking Ground on Playgrounds, New Hydroponics Lab, NY Times on Delivery Trucks, and Day of Service
You might have noticed we've had a lot of groundbreakings and ribbon cuttings lately, and we have. We've been busy all these years, and we are seeing a great return on our investment. We broke ground on a $3.5 million project to rebuild Carl Schurz Park Playground, which hasn't seen investment since I was a kid. We also cut the ribbon on a new hydroponics lab for P.S. 183 that we funded after the school won Participatory Budgeting. Have you proposed an idea for residents to vote on?
Speaking of voting, Election Day is on Tuesday, November 5, but you don't have to wait to vote. Early Voting started on October 26 and will continue through Sunday, November 3. Don't forget to flip the ballot and vote on changes to the city's Charter.
We continue to fight for better commutes, with automated bus-lane enforcement, accessible subways, bike safety, and taking on delivery companies who use our streets as their personal warehouses (did you see that New York Times story?).
In November, as we celebrate Thanksgiving, we look to how we can give back with a day of service. We also continue our annual tradition of providing turkeys to low-income residents of public housing as we advocate to fight hunger at the Food Tank Summit. We also have a Pumpkin Smash, dramatic reading, and drag queen story hour at the 92Y. Save the date for our annual holiday party.
This season I am thankful for you and all that we have been able to accomplish together. What are you most thankful for?
Love Your Neighborhood Day
Saturday, 11/2, 10am – 6:30pm
Sunday, 11/3, 1pm – 4pm
Monday, 11/4, 7pm – 9pm
Medicare Enrollment Event
Wednesday, 11/6, 4pm – 6pm
Drag Queen Story Hour
Sunday, 11/17, 11am – 1pm
Save the Date: Annual Holiday Party
Tuesday, 12/17, 6pm – 8pm
(If you experience trouble with the links below, click here)
- Breaking Ground $3.5 Million Upgrade for Carl Schurz Playground
- New El Barrio Bait Station on the East River Esplanade
- Protect Parks from Pesticides
- Love Your Neighborhood; Day of Service Upper East Side
- Medicare Enrollment Event
- NY Classical "The Force of Habit"
- Drag Queen Story Hour
- Pumpkin Smash at Andrew Haswell Green Park
- Food Tank 2019 Summit
- Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway for NYCHA Tenants
- Save the Date Holiday Party
- City Sidewalks Are Not Warehouses
- Automated Bus-Lane Enforcement From Bus-Mounted Cameras
- Subway Accessibility Discussion
- Bike Safety
- Op-Ed: All New Yorkers Deserve Retirement Security
- Better Wages for Subcontracted Con Edison Workers
- City and State Procurement Conference
- Standing up for Employees at Housing Works
- M/WBE Resource and Job Fair Thank You
- CIVITAS Height Forum Proposal
- East Harlem Heat & Hot Water Workshop
- Domestic Violence Fundraiser
- Senior Health Fair Thank You
- MV4NY Thanksgiving Food Drive
- Awarding Proclamation for David Rosenstein
- Sutton Place Parks Conservancy, It's My Park Day
- Halloween Community Events Thank You
- Zero Waste NYC Workshop for Roosevelt Islanders
- New York Daily News: Loophole in candidate contribution limits law
- City Limits: City Campaign Finance System Charts Path for State Reform
- City and State: Are business improvement districts the future of NYC?
- New York Daily News: Advocates call on Long Island school officials to embrace bus stop arm cameras
- The Real Deal: NYC lawmakers to fix property taxes … in 2030?
- Habitat : A New Way to Level the City’s Lopsided Property Tax System
- TADA! Theater Program Sign Up
- Volunteer Lawyers for Veterans
- DOROT’s Thanksgiving Meal Delivery
- The Computer Science Co-Op Program at City College
- 2020 Census Job Opportunity
- Roosevelt Island Pumpkin Smash
- Stop ‘N Swap on Roosevelt Island
- Learn to File the Right Tax Withheld Amount for 2019