COVID-19 Update #2: Closing Schools, Senior Centers, Restaurants, Cancelled Events, Supporting Business & Unemployed, Volunteer, and Moving Forward
The Coronavirus is continuing to spread throughout the United States, with New York State recording the most cases in the country. As of this morning there were 463 confirmed cases of COVID-19 within the 5 boroughs and 950 cases throughout New York State.
As we move forward our lifestyle will change drastically for an extended period of time in order to level off the spread of the virus and to keep our health care system from being overwhelmed.
During the past 24 hours we’ve seen a lot of changes and we are doing our best to keep you updated. For up to the minute updates follow us on social media on @Kallos on Facebook and Twitter. Below you will find detailed articles with the following updates:
- Public Schools Closed, Food Pick Up, Remote Learning
- Free Broadband for All Public Students (Who Don’t Have It)
- Free Zoom Video/Tele-Conference for Public Schools
- Restaurants, Bars, Gyms, Nightclubs, and Movie Theaters Partially Closed - Takeout and Delivery Only
- Food Supply at Groceries Stores – We Are Not Running Out of Food
- City Council Closes with Constituent Service Moved Online
- District 5 March Events Cancelled
- Participatory Budgeting Suspended
- Special Election Cancelled
- Complete Your Census Now
We are continuing to monitor the situation and update you on the latest developments. If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback about the information you are receiving, please let me know.
P.S. call 212-860-1950 or email BKallos@BenKallos.com Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm and you should reach our staff who are here to help or get a response the same day.