It has been six months since I became your City Council Member. In these six months, we have built a stronger community together. Through it all, the City has become more fair and compassionate, thanks to measures such as:
- Expanding Senior Citizen Income Exemption (SCRIE);
- Funding Universal Pre-K; and
- Paid sick leave, all of which I was proud to support and advocate for.
I have also been fighting to improve our neighborhood and city as a whole:
- As Chair of the Governmental Operations Committee of the New York City Council, I have taken on waste and corruption;
- Introduced legislation to make our often cynicism-inducing government more transparent.
- Took the fight against the Marine Transfer Station to another level; and
- Protected our neighborhood by prioritizing safe streets, healthy food, safe construction, science education and affordable housing.
Now, I want to hear from you: Have you received assistance from our office? Have you and I gotten the chance to meet? Have you been happy with the direction of the City and the advocacy I've taken on? Please reply with your feedback and ideas.
This is just the beginning. I hope you'll take a chance to share your feedback at this six-month stage so we can continue to grow, learn and build a better neighborhood together.