While summer is a great time to slow down, we also use it as a chance to catch up, with the introduction of legislation to protect hundreds of thousands from the “Tenant Blacklist,” fight patronage, and open city owned and operated spaces for the arts after hours, as well as passing legislation I authored into law to plan for climate change and a more resilient waterfront.
Please join me for our annual Town Hall this September to learn and ask questions about Pre-Kindergarten seats in the district, the completion of the Second Avenue Subway, Bus Service, Parks Improvements, Bike Safety, and get your free reusable bag. RSVP to reserve your free reusable bag.
How was your summer?
P.S. We will hold First Friday this month on September 9th.
September 15, 6pm
(Go Bags Giveaway)
DISTRICT OFFICE EVENTS
September 13, 6pm
- Fighting “Tenant Blacklist” by Regulating Screening Companies
- Fighting Patronage
- Waterfronts and Resiliency, An Advisory Board Re-Established
- Emergency Preparedness CERT, Go Bag Giveaway
- Town Hall
- Moving the 91st Street Citi Bike Station
- Support Our Bus Drivers
- Gillen Brewer Students Take on Track Fires
- Suing to Protect Rent Freeze
- Register to Vote For President
- Supporting our Building Service Workers
- Girl Scouts Visit First Friday and Play Pokemon Go
- Preservation Pays, Challenge
- Participatory Budgeting:Neighborhood Assemblies Decided How to Spend $1 Million in the Community
- Fresh Food Box Continues at Office
- Affordable Rental Housing Opportunity, NYC Housing Connect
- Street Improvements Affect Available Parking
- Backing Folding Helmets
CITY COUNCIL UPDATES