The newsletter is back! We send the newsletter once a month so we don't clutter your mailbox and keep you up to date on everything going on in the community, as well as opportunities to influence government decisions by making your voice heard.
Thank you to all the residents who came out to the polls in the Primary and General Elections, where we won with 7,847 votes at 75% and 22,514 votes at 81% respectively. This is a testament to our partnership and shows that empowering residents helps to govern honestly and inclusively—and it's the best way to get things done.
During the blackout period when we could not send government newsletters because of our pending elections, we won Universal School Lunch, launched ferry service and opened Cornell Tech on Roosevelt Island, rolled out bus countdown clocks, broke ground on $35 million in improvements to the East River Esplanade, signed tenant safety legislation I authored into law, and I was even recognized as one of the best Council Members by City and State.
Last month we broke ground on $1 million in renovations to the East River Esplanade in partnership with the Hospital for Special Surgery, cut the ribbon on a new laboratory building with Memorial Sloan Kettering, made progress on rezoning Sutton to stop supertall skyscrapers, passed two bills so that schools ensure no child goes hungry and train teachers to support GSAs, passed legislation to open the city's $85 billion budget and welcomed the Technion Israel Institute of Technology world tour.
As November starts I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and take this opportunity to invite everyone to my annual holiday party on Tuesday, December 5th, 5-7pm. RSVP
DISTRICT OFFICE EVENTS
- Sutton Rezoning at City Planning Commission
- Scaffolding Bill Gets Hearing
- Marijuana Smoking at 180 East 88th Street
- Height Protections for Upper East Side
- Ensuring No Child Goes Hungry (Bill Passed)
- Support GSAs in Public Schools (Bill Passed)
- Silicon Island: Technion Israel Institute of Technology World Tour
- Fighting to Fund Hunter Science Campus Construction
PARKS & ENVIRONMENT
- Breaking Ground on East River Esplanade Construction at HSS
- It's My Park Day
- Banning Toxic Pesticides from Parks
- Climate Works for All Building Retrofits
- New MSK Center for Laboratory Medicine Ribbon Cutting
- Senior Health Fair Success
- American Academy Committee on Nutrition and Obesity
- Asphalt Green Swim Meet
- Plan to Fight Double Parking and Move Deliveries Off-Hours
- Bike Safety Helmet Fitting
- Bernie, Bill and Ben
- Protesting Gun Violence with Congress Member Maloney
- Know Your Rights for Immigrants at Islamic Cultural Center
- Eastside Taskforce for Homeless Outreach
- Youth Action March
- Building Service Worker Helping Hand Award
- Honoring former Community Board Chair David Liston
- Halloween Neighborhood Celebrations