Parks are more important than ever as we seek refuge from tiny apartments that weren’t built for a pandemic. Working alongside Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney as Co-Chair of the East River Esplanade we have now secured $874 Million for a resilient waterfront. This is on top of a $3.3 million renovation of Carl Schurz Playground, $1 million for a new pool and basketball courts at John Jay Park, a $2.9 million expansion of Sutton Place Park, $1.4 million in security cameras for hard to patrol parks, and having a new conservancy for almost every park. We even opened indoor tennis for free or low-cost year-round. Ben worked with students to even make parks pesticide free.
As Borough President, Ben Kallos will:
- Reclaim our waterfront to build a green resilient ring around Manhattan.
- Invest in parks in every neighborhood.
- Foster conservancies and residents to care for every park.
- Enforce the ban on toxic pesticides that Ben wrote to keep our parks and playgrounds safe.
- Activate every park with activities for youth and seniors.